If you think you have what it takes to become 2018 Iron Chef Tucson, we invite you to bring your knives and culinary skills into battle and prove it, Saturday June 23rd, 2018 at the 12th Annual Iron Chef Tucson, at Casino Del Sol.
Just like the TV Show, we will:
- Have two local chefs face off in a serious culinary battle and unveil a surprise secret ingredient.
- Have commentators give play-by-plays of what the finalists are doing.
- Have a guest panel of (3) judges sample the end results, and score based on flavor, presentation, creativity, and use of the secret ingredient.
How will we find our Iron Chef Contenders? By letting Tucson decide.
The Search for any Executive Chef (or Head Chef, or Owner/Chef) who develops and creates their own menu and is interested in being in the Iron Chef competition will be promoted on air, on KGUN TV, CW of Tucson, 94.9 MIXfm, The Groove 106.3, 104.1 KQTH and ESPN in late April through end of May. Chefs will have their bios placed on each active website for the same time period. Viewers & Listeners on KGUN 9 TV, CW of Tucson, MIXfm, The Groove 106.3 and 104.1 KQTH and ESPN 1490AM and 104.9FM will be encouraged to visit the websites (and the restaurants) to vote for who they would like to see compete.There will be an opportunity for the general public to meet all the Chefs at the “Meet The Chefs” hosted this year by Casino Del Sol on Sunday, May 20th from 5:00p-7:00pm. Once online voting is completed, the ONE Executive chef with the most votes will be announced to compete in 2018 Iron Chef Tucson.
Starting mid June, our TV and Radio stations will promote the 2018 Iron Chef Tucson event and its participants. More than $75,000 worth of advertising time will be used to promote this event (and you). Last year, over 2,000 people attended the 2018 Iron Chef and Culinary Experience at the Westin La Paloma. There is no dollar cost to participate in this event and we will be looking for ONE Executive Chef to compete with Travis Peters of The Parish.
If you are crowned Iron Chef Tucson, you will receive:
- Commercials on 94.9 MIXfm, 104.1 KQTH, ESPN 1490/104.9 and The Groove 106.3 during the week of June 25th, to promote yourself and restaurant as the winner of 2018 Iron Chef Tucson for six consecutive weeks - great exposure during the summer months.
- A plaque to display at your restaurant
- A guaranteed slot in the next year’s competition, to defend your title based on criteria set (unless you’re a three time winner or not at a full service restaurant).
- A Iron Chef – Tucson Stella Artois Chalice
- Opportunity to have a special dinner highlighting the winning dishes in July or August
- To be eligible to compete in 2018 Iron Chef Tucson you must be employed by a full service restaurant located in Tucson or within 60 miles surrounding area,that is open to the general public for lunch or dinner reservations.
- Must be the Executive Chef, or Head Chef, or Owner/Chef.
- MUST DEVELOP OR CREATE PORTIONS OF THE MENU FOR THE RESTAURANT
- Each Executive Chef must participate in the “Meet the Chefs” event on Sunday, May 20, 2018 at Casino Del Sol which will feature foods prepared by chef and a chance for the public to meet each chef.
- If you would like to participate in 2018 Iron Chef Tucson*, please fill out the information below by May 4th. Please note: this information will be used to create your biography that will be displayed on all the Scripps websites. We encourage you to show your personality through upbeat and unique answers.
- A color photo (headshot) of the chef is needed by May 4th.
If you are unable to use this online form, download and print the PDF application which includes instructions for mailing or faxing your application and headshot.