On Saturday, June 29, 2019, Arizona Lotus will host the 13th Annual Iron Chef Tucson, at Casino del Sol. Just like the TV Show, we will:
• Have two local chefs face off in a serious culinary battle and unveil a surprise secret ingredient
• Have commentators give play-by-plays of what the finalists are doing
• Have a guest panel of (3) judges sample the end results, and score based on flavor, presentation, creativity, and use of the secret ingredient
How will we find our Iron Chef Contender?
• The search for an Executive Chef (or Head Chef, or Owner/Chef) who develops and creates their own menu and is interested in being in the Iron Chef competition will be promoted on air, on 94.9 MIXfm, 96.1 KLPX, Rock102.1 KFMA, and ESPN Tucson in late April through the end of May
• Chefs will have their photos and bios placed on each active website for the same time period
• Each Chef will have a short promotional video produced by Arizona Lotus Corp. to be used on the websites and on social media NEW!
• At the Meet the Chefs event a panel of three judges will blind taste a featured dish prepared by you (and the other contenders) and score based on flavor, presentation, and creativity. 3-5 chefs, depending on number competing, will be selected by the judges to move on to the second round that includes online voting by the public NEW!
• You will have the opportunity to participate in the Culinary Experience on June 29th at Casino del Sol. NEW!
• The opportunity for the general public to meet all the Chefs at the Meet the Chefs event hosted this year by Casino del Sol on Sunday, May 19th
• Once public online voting is completed, the executive chef with the most votes will be announced and will compete against 2018 Iron Chef Tucson winner Chef Brian Smith in 2019 Iron Chef Tucson
Starting mid-May, our Radio stations will promote the 2019 Iron Chef Tucson event and its participants. More than $100,000 worth of advertising time will be used to promote this event (and you). There is no dollar cost to participate in this event and we will be looking for ONE Executive Chef to compete against Chef Brian Smith.
If you are crowned Iron Chef Tucson, you will receive:
• Commercials on 94.9 MIXfm, 96.1 KLPX, Rock102.1 KFMA, and ESPN Tucson during the week of July 1st, to promote yourself and restaurant as the winner of 2019 Iron Chef Tucson
• A plaque to display at your restaurant
• A guaranteed slot in next year’s competition to defend your title based on criteria set (unless you’re a three-time winner or not at a full-service restaurant)
• An Iron Chef – Tucson Chef coat provided by Stella Artois
If you would like to participate in 2019 Iron Chef Tucson*, please fill out the application here by Sunday, April 28th
• To be eligible to compete in 2019 Iron Chef Tucson you must be employed by a full-service restaurant located in Tucson or within 60 miles surrounding area, that is open to the general public for lunch or dinner reservations
• Must be the Executive Chef, or Head Chef, or Owner/Chef
• MUST DEVELOP OR CREATE PORTIONS OF THE MENU FOR THE RESTAURANT
• Each Executive Chef must participate in the Meet the Chefs event on Sunday, May 19, 2019, at Casino del Sol