and CULINARY EXPERIENCE
The Stella Artois Iron Chef Tucson competition takes place at Casino Del Sol on Saturday, June 23rd!
The competition is held during the Culinary Experience and unfolds just like the fast-paced television show, including a surprise ingredient that's revealed just before the culinary battle begins.
This year, Brian Smith of Maynards Market and Kitchen will compete against our current Iron Chef Tucson, Travis Peters from The Parish for the 2018 Iron Chef Tucson title. Competitors will face off in a serious culinary battle before a panel of 3 judges who sample their dishes and determine who will be crowned the 2018 winner.
The 2018 Culinary Experience also includes; a showcase of products and services for foodies and those who enjoy cooking and entertaining.
The Annual Culinary Experience includes:
- Displays of Kitchen Appliances
- Cooking demos at various kitchens
- Kitchen Gadgets
- Household items for cooking and the kitchen area
- Food Products & Services
- Dining and BBQ Grills
- Restaurants and Chefs that entered Iron Chef
- Beverage Products/Services
- Outdoor cooking
- Demos from Solar ovens to BBQ cooking
- Anything having to do with culinary and food…
Schedule of Events
- Culinary Experience on Saturday, June 23rd from noon to 5 pm at Casino Del Sol
- Iron Chef V.I.P. Reception (see menu below) on Saturday, June 23rd from 3:30pm to 5pm at Casino Del Sol
- Iron Chef Competition on Saturday, June 23rd 5pm - 7:30pm at Casino Del Sol
Tickets are available for purchase here https://www.ironcheftucson.com/tickets Free Parking at Casino Del Sol.
2018 Iron Chef – VIP Reception Menu from Executive Chef Ryan Clark (3-time Iron Chef Tucson winner) and his team at Casino Del Sol:
- Summer Peaches from Pivot produce
- Other local vendors: Forbes Meat Company, Pivot produce, Merchant Gardens, Hamilton Distilleries, Stella Artois, Barrio Bread Co.
- Stella Braised Pork Belly
- peach agrodolce, radishes, bib lettuces
- Grilled peach Arnold Palmer
- Compressed Peach Salad
- Couscous, pickled shallot, walnut vinagrette, greens
- Peach + Prosciutto + Prosecco
- House made Pretzels Forbes Sausages
- Smoked peach-poppy seed mustard
- Meats and Cheese
- served with barrio breads, peach jams, olives and pickles
- Peach and Del Bac Milkshakes
- Cookie dough 'Bar'
- peach cobbler, peach oatmeal, peaches 'n cream
Casino Del Sol is offering a reduced overnight rate in their hotel following the event.
NOTE: RATE WILL BE AVAILABLE UNTIL THE CUTOFF DATE OF MAY 23RD, 2018, OR UNTIL THE GROUP BLOCK IS FULL, WHICHEVER OCCURS FIRST.