|Reigning Chef Danny Perez|
The Annual Stella Artois Iron Chef Tucson competition is the premiere culinary challenge of the year and Danny Perez, Executive Chef at the J.W. Marriott is the 2015 title holder.
If you think you have what it takes to be the 2016 Iron Chef Tucson champion, we invite you to bring your knives and culinary skills to battle and prove it!
DEADLINE: May 6, 2016 @ 11:59:59
Submit your application if you think you have what it takes to be the 2016 Iron Chef Tucson.
We invite you to bring your knives and culinary skills to battle and prove it!
On Sunday, June 26th, we will be hosting the 10th Annual Iron Chef Tucson, at Westin La Paloma Resort. Just like the TV Show, we will:
- Have two local chefs face off in a serious culinary battle and unveil a surprise secret ingredient
- Have commentators give play-by-plays of what the finalists are doing
- Have a guest panel of (3) judges sample the end results, and score based on flavor, presentation, creativity, and use of the secret ingredient
How will we find our Iron Chef Contender? By letting Tucson decide.
Every Executive Chef (or Head Chef, or Owner/Chef) who is interested in being in the Iron Chef competition will be promoted on air, on KGUN TV, the CW Tucson, 94.9 MIXfm, 106.3 The Groove , 104.1 KQTH and ESPN Tucson in the month of April through the end of May.
- Chefs will have their bios placed on the Iron Chef Tucson website for the same time period
- Viewers & Listeners on KGUN 9 TV, CW of Tucson, MIXfm, The Groove 106.3 and The Truth and ESPN will be encouraged to visit the website (and the restaurants) to vote for who they would like to see compete.
- There will be an opportunity for the general public to meet all the Chefs at the “Meet The Chefs” event.
- Once online voting is completed, the Executive chef with the most votes will be announced as the competitor to go up against 2015 Iron Chef Tucson, Danny Perez, Executive Chef for the J.W. Marriott.
During the weeks leading up to the competition, our TV and Radio stations will promote the 2016 Iron Chef Tucson event and its participants. More than $100,000 worth of advertising time will be used to promote this event (and you). Last year, over 4000 people attended the 2015 Iron Chef and Culinary Experience at Westin La Paloma.
There is no advertising cost to participate in this event. If you win and you are crowned Iron Chef Tucson, you will receive:
- Commercials on 94.9 MIXfm and The Groove 106.3 during the week of June 29th, to promote yourself and your restaurant as the winner of Iron Chef Tucson 2016
- A plaque to display at your restaurant
- A guaranteed slot in the next year’s competition, to defend your title based on criteria set (unless you are a three-time winner or no longer employed at a full-service restaurant)
- An Iron Chef Tucson Chef coat provided by Stella Artois
If you would like to participate in 2016 Iron Chef Tucson, please fill out the information below.
Please note - this information will be used to create your biography that will be displayed on the Iron Chef Tucson website. We encourage you to show your personality through upbeat and unique answers.
Please also note the following;
- A color photo of the chef is needed for website and marketing purposes. This photo will be requested via email once we receive your application and must be received before May 6th, 2016 in order to participate. Optionally, you can mail a hard copy (which will not be returned) to:
Scripps Media Tucson
Attn: Peri Lane / Iron Chef Tucson
7280 E Rosewood St
Tucson AZ, 85710
- To be eligible to compete in Iron Chef Tucson you must be employed by a full service restaurant located in Tucson or within 45 miles of city limits, that is open to the general public for lunch or dinner reservations.
- Must be the Executive Chef, or Head Chef, or Owner/Chef and have your own Sous Chefs (2)
- You must develop or create the menu for your restaurant.
- Each Executive Chef must participate in the “Meet the Chefs” event on Thursday, May 19th at the Tucson Museum of Art, which will feature foods prepared by you and a chance for the public to meet each chef.
If you experience any difficulties using our online registration form, e-mail email@example.com for assistance.