If you think you have what it takes to be the 2014 Iron Chef Tucson, we invite you to bring your knives and culinary skills to battle and prove it!
On Saturday, June 28th, Journal Broadcast Group will be hosting the 8th Annual Iron Chef Tucson, at Westin La Paloma Resort. Just like the TV Show, we will:
- Have two local chefs face off in a serious culinary battle and unveil a surprise secret ingredient
- Have commentators give play-by-plays of what the finalists are doing
- Have a guest panel of (3) judges sample the end results, and score based on flavor, presentation, creativity, and use of the secret ingredient
How will we find our Iron Chef Contender? By letting Tucson decide.
Every Executive Chef (or Head Chef, or Owner/Chef) who is interested in being in the Iron Chef competition will be promoted on air, on KGUN TV, CW of Tucson, 94.9 MIXfm, The Groove 106.3, 104.1 The Truth and ESPN in the month of April through the end of May.
- Chefs will have their bios placed on the Iron Chef Tucson website for the same time period
- Viewers & Listeners on KGUN 9 TV, CW of Tucson, MIXfm, The Groove 106.3 and The Truth and ESPN will be encouraged to visit the website (and the restaurants) to vote for who they would like to see compete.
- There will be an opportunity for the general public to meet all the Chefs at the “Meet The Chefs” event hosted this year byDesert Diamond Casino and Hotel on the Desert, Thursday, May 29th from 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm.
- Once online voting is completed, the two Executive chefs with the most votes will be announced as the two Iron Chef competitors
During the months leading up to the competition, our TV and Radio stations will promote the 2014 Iron Chef Tucson event and its participants. In addition, the competition will be promoted in Tucson Lifestyle Magazine. More than $100,000 worth of advertising time will be used to promote this event (and you). Last year, over 4000 people attended the 2013 Iron Chef and Culinary Experience at Loew’s Ventana Canyon.
There is no advertising cost to participate in this event. If you win and you are crowned Iron Chef Tucson, you will receive:
- Commercials on 94.9 MIXfm and The Groove 106.3 during the week of July 15th, to promote yourself as the winner of Iron Chef Tucson 2014
- A plaque to display at your restaurant
- A guaranteed slot in the next year’s competition, to defend your title based on criteria set (unless you are a three-time winner)
- An Iron Chef Tucson Chef coat provided by Stella Artois
If you would like to participate in 2014 Iron Chef Tucson, please fill out the information below.
Please note - this information will be used to create your biography that will be displayed on the Iron Chef Tucson website. We encourage you to show your personality through upbeat and unique answers.
Please also note the following;
- A color photo of the chef is needed for website and marketing purposes. This photo will be requested via email once we receive your application and must be received before May 17th, 2014 in order to participate. Optionally, you can mail a hard copy (which will not be returned) to:
Journal Broadcast Group
Attn: Jennifer Nunn / Iron Chef Tucson
7280 E Rosewood St
Tucson AZ, 85710
- To be eligible to compete in Iron Chef Tucson you must be employed by a full service restaurant located in Tucson or within 45 miles of city limits, that is open to the general public for lunch or dinner reservations.
- Must be the Executive Chef, or Head Chef, or Owner/Chef and have your own Sous Chefs (2)
- Each Executive Chef must participate in the “Meet the Chefs” event 05/29/14 which will feature foods prepared by you and a chance for the public to meet each chef.
- All participating chefs must read, sign and return a Desert Diamond Casinos and Entertainment General Release Liability Waiver prior to the Meet the Chefs event on 05/29/14. Download the waiver at this link, print, sign and email to email@example.com.
If you experience any difficulties using our online registration form, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.